Friday, July 18, 2008

Catch Up

Ok, no doubt I am behind on posting for our blog--and I really want to share all the great memories and pictures I have this summer so here goes. Back in May...we went to Boise for almost 2 weeks! It was lots of fun to get away from things here at home and spend some time with my family. I actually spent most of my time working in my parents yard. It needed some major work, to say the least. There were weeds EVERYWHERE. I loved being outside, and seeing the transformation their yard went through in just two weeks. Last year I was pregnant and was too uncomfortable to do anything so it felt so good to be out there. I love working in the yard. I can't wait to go back and see how everything has grown!--hopefully still weed free... :)

Weeding around the strawberries.


Annika loves working with Grandma Cindy!


So there was this Aspen that sprung up in the middle of 2 rosebushes and just had to be dug out. Tony and Jacob went to work with a shovel trying to hack it down--the tree won... (see shovel below)

Isn't she just the sweetest little one in the world! Aly started crawling like mad and pulling herself up while we were there.

We also went to two high school graduations while we were there. My cousin Rance graduated from Capital High School, and my brother Jacob graduated from Centennial High School! I am so proud of and happy for my little, ok--maybe not so little anymore--brother!! He is such a great brother and uncle to my girls--I couldn't ask for a better brother to be stuck smack in the middle of all of us girls. It was really great to get a picture of all four of us siblings together. We are all so grown up now, I can't believe it!


We did some other fun things while we were there. Annika went and voted with my dad--she loved the stickers, as you can see.


We played at the park. Aly had her first experience on a swing and LOVED it.


We went on walks.


We built lots of towers.


It was a fun trip. The day after we left my family took a short trip across the Pacific Ocean and headed to a small island called Kaui, Hawaii. Yes, they left us here in the desert...sigh... But, no worries--we will go someday--hopefully soon. :) For now, we will continue to enjoy spending time with my family in Boise!


1 comment:

krhjohns said...

I seriously had to double take on that picture with Annika and your mom. Thought it was you. Can we all be so lucky as we age?