Monday, June 23, 2008
Father's Day
As you can tell, I am catching up a bit. We have been busy traveling to Boise, painting, gardening, and enjoying the sunshine! As for Father's Day, it was great! We spent the day here at home cooking yummy things to eat and watching the US Open. Can I just
say, the US Open was AWESOME this year! I mean, what an amazing tournament. Yes, I am a bit saddened because I was rooting for Rocco, but it's hard to root against Tiger. He is just such an amazing athlete--so focused, driven, and mentally tough. Amazing. Someday Tony and I will got watch him and our other fav Phil play. Okay, anyway, back to Father's Day. Tony and I really did enjoy watching that tournament together though. He was stoked when it went into Monday too--he thought it was a great extended Father's Day gift. :) Anyway, we had a very tasty steak dinner and then we enjoyed the best part--dessert. Annika literally could not wait for the dessert. I had to try and keep the dessert out of her reach so she wouldn't sneak her little fingers in there and have a taste. Who could blame her though?? It was delicious!

Tony and I both had nice conversations with our dads wishing them a Happy Father's Day. And of course, I am so grateful for the wonderful dad Tony is to our kids. He does many wonderful things like, change poopy diapers (or clothes) when I don't want to (that is fresh on my mind because it just happened) :), he gets up with Annika in the middle of the night when necessary, he is always willing to watch the girls when I need a get-a-way, he cleans the house with Annika, and he is always making our girls laugh. Annika is absolutely a daddy's girl and always looks forward to her time with him. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a million dollar smile from this darling child!
To prove the nurturing side of Tony, I have the picture of Annika and her Dad doing the breakfast dishes at their grandparents' home in Boise, something I understand is a oft-repeated tradition.
Sweet family you are creating, dear grandchildren, for my great-grandchildren!
What an awesome pix of Tony & Annika kissing in the tree. That is one to frame!!!
Holy CRAP your a cute Family!!!!!
it is so fun catching up with you and your family through your blog. how your girls have grown... aren't girls the best???
Post a Comment