Monday, January 14, 2008

It's Been A While

So, it's been awhile since I've added to our blog. I have been super busy with the holidays, traveling out of town, working on house projects, and taking care of two kids. But here I am catching up. We spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family in Boise. It was so nice to relax and enjoy being with family. My Grandma Preston came to Boise from Inverness, Florida for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and my Great Uncle Bill and Aunt Muriel traveled from Rochester, New York to spend Christmas with us all. We loved visiting with them and having them around to enjoy the holiday season. I was so happy Annika and Aly were able to spend time with them. My mom and all her siblings live in or around Boise so it makes it nice for my mom's family to come visit and see them all at once!

I enjoyed going to the gym with my mom while I was there. We went to Yoga classes, ran on the treadmill, and lifted weights together. It was so nice to have someone to go with. I am finding it hard to go on my own here, but I am determined, so I will do it! We also participated in a Christmas Run while we were in Boise. We could either run a 5K or 10K. I decided I would run in the 5K since I hadn't run since getting pregnant with Aly, and Tessa so graciously ran with me. My mom, Melayna, and Tony ran in the 10K. My dad offered to watch Annika and Aly for us while we ran. Thank you dad! Jacob was working, but I just know that if he was available, he would have ran with us. :) It was bitter cold, but we all had so much fun! It is something we would love to do together every year.

We spent a little over a week and a half in Boise and traveled home on New Years Eve after a storm cleared the area. We celebrated the New Year with Tony's sister, Tasha and her husband, Ben at our place. They came down before we got home and started cooking tacos for us. Yea! After we put the kids to bed we started watching Transformers, but I fell asleep well before midnight and vaguely remember waking up to say, "Happy New Year!", then falling back asleep again. Tony just laughed. I fall asleep all the time during movies. I think I fell asleep last year too. Oh well, the new year comes whether I am awake or not.

That's a brief summary of our holidays. Unfortunately I forgot to bring our camera up to Boise during Christmas so we used my parents' cameras to take pictures. They are in the process of putting all the pictures on a CD and sending them to me. So for now, here are a few pictures. I will post some more as soon as I get them.


Daddy and Annika stringing lights on our very first Christmas Tree. Yes, it's real and it smelled SO good. Every morning Annika would come down for breakfast and say, "1...2...3...!" and the lights would turn on. She loved it.


Here's Aly just chillin' with Mr. Snowman. My dad took this picture and the next one at Pottery Barn Kids when we were Christmas shopping in Salt Lake City one day. I love it!


I love this one! It totally looks like she is putting her arm around him and they are buddies!


Ok, so I had really good intentions of sending out a Christmas letter, but it just never happened. If I would have done it, I probably would have included this picture, and the next one. So this will have to do for this year. Here's our family...


...and our two girls. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Hey!!! Your pictures are way cute, I can't believe how different your girls look from each other, but both adorable!! And you look great! Hope to hear from you soon.

wendy said...

So...you and I need to live closer together so we can have our kids hang out and so we can go workout together. I love the picture of Tony and Annika putting the lights on the tree. I love watching kids experience such fun and new things. We got dumped on with snow last night and it is sooo pretty outside now.Have a great day! Wendy

Melanie Herway said...

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I love the picture of Annika stinging the lights!

Steve said...

It was good to see you guys. Thanks again for the meal!

Sarah and The Girls said...

Thanks for catching up...oh those winter months how they go so slow, but yet seem to fly by. Adorable pics...as usual. Sarah

Parley and Katie Call said...

cute pics!!!

Trisha said...

Your girls are so darling. Isn't Christmas time so much more magical with little kids? This Christmas was so much fun and it sounds like your was also.

Deanna said...

Hey Nicole,
It sounds like you guys had an enjoyable holiday season. Your little girls are adorable and beautiful just like you! We miss you guys tons. It seems like it has been forever since we saw you guys and were able to hang out:( Maybe sometime this year we'll all get together. Love your blog. Keep writing. Also, how is life with two kids?

Say hi to Tony (of coarse whenever I say his name I tend to yell it out in my head like Rocky does when he yells Stella...weird I know):)

Love you, deanna

Jess and Matt said...

Your little girls are so SO cute! I love Aly's totally out of control dark hair...LOVE IT! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Nicole! Hey I saw a link to your blog from the Herways. This is Suzanne Hart from the BYU 141st Ward. I've thought about you guys every once in a while wondering what you were up to. Do you mind if I add you to my link list?

Here is our blog address:
www.thehart-family.blogspot.com