Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Frosty the Snowman

It has been blistering cold the past few weeks here and we have gotten a lot of consistent snow. I have been wanting Annika to go play outside in the snow, but it always seems like it has been too cold. So on Saturday when the sun was out just a little bit we sent her outside to play and she talked Tony into building a snowman with her. He just couldn't resist her sweet little voice saying, "Daddy, will you come build a snowman with me please?" It was so cute. She was singing Frosty the Snowman the entire time. When we asked her what our snowman's name was she looked at us like, duh and said, "Frosty." As you can see from the pictures Tony loves building things and has such a great imagination. He actually used one of my tomato plant wire thingers (I don't know the technical term) to create a long neck and body. I thought it was pretty funny. Then he couldn't get enough and put feet on the big snowman, drug Annika's playhouse over, and built a little baby snowman on the roof. Tony also loves to bury people in whatever he can, so lastly, he piled a bunch of snow on top of Annika before coming inside for some hot chocolate. Watching them play definitely made me feel a lot of love for my husband and joy for being a mother.

8 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

I absolutely LOVE that tall, skinny, snowman...how creative!!! I bet it was so much fun watching them play together.

Jess and Matt said...

WOW...which cousin is it? Matt has like 50 cousins! That is really neat though. We are coming up there the 8th of feb. and then again the 18th of March. We would LOVE to see you, Tony, and the girls!

Trisha said...

Cute kids! But I am not missin that snow...come spring time, I will be missing Utah like crazy. W

Nicole said...

Nicole, it's Nicole Coles (Vogelsberg)!! I found your blog through Becky's blog. I can't believe how much you little girl looks like you, she is so adorable. Email me at pringles299@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our blog. I would love to keep in touch:)

Raeanna said...

They are both beautiful girls! Wow, it's hard to believe it is really still winter with snow (its in the 60's here and feels great!) Annika is so grown up!

Jessie said...

GREAT snowman. Your girls are adorable.

Meredith said...

So fun! Tony's quite the architect (if that's what you call it when you're building people...). It looks like Annika had a ball. We should get together again sometime soon; it was so much fun last time. I crave adult conversation - I talk Craig's ear off every night when he comes home. He could use a break.

Steph said...

Nicole!!! I can't believe I just found you! It's Steph (Stephens) Johnson. So weird I was just thinking about you the other day in that neighborhood we grew up in!!! Hahaha! I was thinking is this really her but then I saw a pic of your little girl and KNEW it was. You are so beautiful and cute and so are your kiddos!!!

Keep in touch.

http://ourjohnsonjourney.blogspot.com/