1- It was the first day Aly took a bottle! Yea! I have been trying to give Aly a bottle for the past little bit, not very diligently I should add, and today she drank 2 oz.! I was so excited. Tony and I can now go out and I don't have to worry about her not being able to eat if she gets hungry or being home in time to feed her. It is a major accomplishment and relief.
2- Tony and I went out by ourselves for the first time since Aly was born! We got tickets to the BYUvUtah game yesterday, so we thought we would give our best effort to find a baby-sitter for tonight. A few hours before the game some awesome friends of ours, Craig and Meredith, said they would watch the girls. It was so nice to go out with Tony without the girls. We hardly knew what to do! BYU also won, which made the night even better. Go Cougs!
3- Our blog has a new look! I finally found a blog template I like and I actually took the time to add it to our blog.
4- I made a post in February! We have been hit with the sick bugs over the past few weeks and we're finally looking on the up and up. We've done some fun things over the past month though. We went to Boise and I went shopping with my mom and sister and basically came home with a whole new wardrobe! It was so fun. I haven't bought many clothes for the past 3 years, so when I looked in my closet after having Aly there wasn't much to choose from. I love not dreading going to my closet every morning to pick out something to wear.
For Valentine's Day Tony and I did our traditional pizza and chocolate fondue. So yummy! He got me some pretty roses and a beautiful guitar. I am very excited to learn how to play. Usually we go out to dinner the night before Valentine's. However, we gladly postponed our dinner so we could go out to eat with some of Tony's family. His sister was in town from Arizona. However, the usual 10 minute drive to where we were eating ended up being 1 1/2 hours due to a winter storm causing multiple accidents on the freeway. His family ended up spending the night with us. It was quite a memorable experience!
On President's Day Tony didn't have to work all day, so in the afternoon we headed up to Discovery Gateway in Salt Lake, which is a children's museum I have been wanting to take Annika to for a while. It was a lot of fun! They had a Sesame Street exhibit about the body that Annika LOVED. She loves reading all her books about Elmo, Grover, Oscar the Grouch, etc... It was so cute to watch her. She also got to sit in a life-flight helicopter they had there. She loves helicopters and we had to drag her out of sitting in the front seat. I forgot my camera so we couldn't take any cute pictures. I guess that means we'll have to go back. :)
Ok, so the real "firsts" I meant to write about are the first two points, but I just kept going. I guess I haven't written in a while. One of these days I'll remember to take my camera wherever we go and update our blog more regularly. But until then, this is what you get...
5 comments:
Cute cute blog! I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Winter's always hard, being stuck inside and sick. Sounds like you had a great month though.
I have to say I was jealous that you got to go to the game! I heard it was a good time! Aly's hair is so cute I just love it! I wish my girls would be born with enough hair for a dang hair style! and I am just too lazy to do a headband every day so half of the time macie probably looks like a boy! Oh well, cute anyway!
The blog looks great! I don't blame you for not getting to update it more regularly, not everyone is obsessed with it as much as Steve. Aly's as adorable as I remember. Keep the picture's coming though, I do like to see your girlies.
I love the pictures of Aly. Good grief she is cute. And I am a little jealous that you and Tony got to go out together. Very happy for you!
Yeah for first! She is so adorable! How fun that you got to go out for Valentine's Day! I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment